Below is a suggested set of rules to follow when editing this wiki.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an administrator! Disrupting the wiki with "edit warring" over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc. Have a question about whether your link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall.
- Do follow community guidelines for formatting: When a community has established formatting, it’s important to adhere to that, especially when spoiler content is involved.
This wiki has a certain format. All contributions are to follow the established format:
- New articles If a user creates a new article, it has to follow the format of established similar articles, if there is no similar article, please contact an admin with the details of your article (message wall) and wait for approval of your article before publishing it. If an article does not follow these rule an admin may update it so it does follow the rules or delete it.
- Changes to existing articles Never delete anything that is already published, if wrong facts are published, bring it to the attention of an admin, please. Do not change the format of the article to publish your additions unless approved by admin. Do not fill the "Background information and Notes" section with trivia from IMDb, they will be deleted.
- Posting pictures Promotional pictures of episodes are in a 900x600 .jpg format, pictures of characters, actors and crew are in a 350x450 .jpg format. other pictures can be posted but will be reviewed by admin and may be edited or deleted, depending on its relevance to the article.
- Categories New categories have to be approved by admin before being created.
- Political views Please do not insert your political views into this wiki, this is an entertainment wiki and political views will be deleted.
Users may be banned from contributing to the One Chicago & The FBIs Wiki under the following circumstances:
- Vandalism. If a user has made multiple or repeated edits that are considered harmful to the One Chicago & The FBIs Wiki, that user may be banned at the administrators' discretion, either temporarily or indefinitely.
- Inappropriate usernames. There are two types of inappropriate usernames that are governed by this policy:
- If a user signs on the One Chicago & The FBIs Wiki with a username that is deemed offensive, that username should be blocked. (Note that the IP which the user is registered to should be unblocked in order to permit them to contribute under a more appropriate username.)
- Users who register names that are designed to impersonate other members may be banned immediately, and the IP block may be left in place.
- Personal attacks. If a user makes repeated personal attacks against other , that user may be banned for 48 hours to enforce a "cooling off" period.
- Archivists who call for violence or make death threats will be banned indefinitely. These users can request to have the ban removed, but lifting such bans will be at the administrators' discretion.
- Disruptive users. If a user makes continuously disruptive, or counterproductive edits, and if all attempts to contact the user have failed, that user may be banned at the administrators' discretion, either temporarily (until contact with the user is made) or indefinitely.
- Circumventing policy. If a user attempts to circumvent policy (for instance by registering a sock puppet) for any reason, that user may be banned at the administrators' discretion, either temporarily or permanently.
- To gain a user's attention. In this case, the block should be short and request that the user respond on their talk page. Once that response occurs, the block should be removed.